Playing arcade games is the perfect choice for many Canadian players at an online casino. Merging the classic titles from the past with modern technology, online arcade games are a great form of entertainment.
The games offer players the opportunity to win big, with features such as mini-games and bonus levels providing a varied gaming experience. With massive progressive jackpots adding to the excitement, arcade games are one of the best ways to enjoy playing at an online casino.
Our team of experts will point you in the direction of the most reliable casino operators, the best games and show you how to play to help you boost your bankroll.
From the classic games of the 80s and 90s, to sports and entertainment themed titles, there are a massive range of online arcade games to choose from. Here are a few of our favourite games.
This game takes its cue from the iconic Pac-Man series of games, with players tasked with avoiding ghosts and eating pellets in order to rack up a big score. Target power pellets for an additional boost that will increase your points total and your potential winnings.
Wheel of Light
Wheel of Light is inspired by roulette, with players betting on different numbers or combinations of numbers. The game consists of a numbered wheel, from 1 to 30, in a clockwise direction. Unlike a roulette wheel the numbers are consecutive. This adds to the excitement, because you can see if the light is heading in your direction.
This fixed odds game is a hybrid of a pinball table and a roulette wheel. Place your bets on a standard roulette table then shoot the pinball. The roulette numbers constantly move from side-to-side at the bottom of the table and the ball eventually lands in one pocket to determine the winning number.
This operates in a similar way to a slot machine – the only difference is that there are no spinning reels, just twisting cubes. Whenever three tiles of the same colour align vertically or horizontally you are paid for that ‘line win’.
This fast-paced version of Texas Hold’em is hugely popular with poker players. The game begins at the showdown round, where players choose one of four hands to compete. Back the best hand to win real money.
RULES OF THE GAME
As with any area of an online casino, it is important to understand the rules before playing arcade games.
Learning the differences between the games will increase your edge against the casino and improve your chances of winning big.
Start by choosing a game where the stakes fit with your bankroll. Look for online arcade games that offer bonus levels and progressive jackpots.
When you play online arcade games check out what combinations you need to secure a win on that particular game. This will help you make informed decisions and improve your chances of making a profit.
HOW TO PLAY LIKE A PROFESSIONAL: BEST GAME TIPS
Before depositing real money at an online casino, visit the free play section to test out the various games. Most operators offer demo versions of their games to allow you to familiarise yourself with them.
Spend time researching the payout percentage on offer at the different casinos. Reputable operators will payout at a rate of around 95%, so it makes sense avoid the games that offer a lower level.
It is also worth monitoring the payment history of any progressive jackpots. It may be possible to identify a pattern and work out the optimum times to play the various arcade games online.
Online arcade games are a great form of entertainment, but be careful not to exceed your betting budget. Set a limit that you are prepared to spend and don’t lose sight of the fact that you are visiting an online casino to have fun.
STRATEGIES AND TIPS
Luck plays a big part in online arcade games, with a Random Number Generator (RNG) determining each outcome. However, there numerous strategies you can use to maximise your chances of winning.
Bankroll management is crucial to your hopes of securing a winning return from arcade games. Start by calculating the maximum amount you can spend and divide it into four sessions. From there, find the highest value game you can afford to play to give yourself the best chance of accessing the biggest payouts.
Make sure you understand the different buttons of online arcade games and their functions. Mistakes can cost you money, so do your homework before playing for real money. Free play is the best way to familiarise yourself with the games.
Gambling operators in Canada use a system called Return to Player (RTP) to describe the percentage of any wagered money that will be paid back to players over time from online arcade games.
RTP is calculated as an average based on at least 1,000 plays and indicates the returns that a player could expect to see from playing that particular game.
The best online casinos offer an RTP of 95% or above, compared to the 80-90% a player would receive at a land-based casino.
The following terminology will help you understand more about playing online arcade games:
- Bankroll: The amount of money you are playing the game with
- Bet: The amount wagered on the arcade game
- Bet Max: Wager the maximum amount possible on the game
- Bonus Feature: An extra feature that enables players to win increased amounts
- Bonus Symbols: Bonus signs trigger either a bonus game or a number of free spins
- Coins Per Line: The amount that is bet on each pay line
- Coins Per Spin: The number of coins wagered on each game
- Fixed Jackpot: The top prize in a game with an amount that remains unchanged
- Free Spin: Usually offered as a bonus feature on casino games
- High-Roller: A player who bets large amounts at an online casino
- Jackpot: The top prize that an online arcade game can pay out
- Multi-Line: A game that has more than one pay line
- Payout Percentage: The rate that a game pays out to players
- Pay Table: A sign on a casino game that tells you about all the different winning combinations
- Progressive Jackpot: A jackpot that keeps growing each time players make a bet. A small amount of the wager funds the jackpot which continues to progress until it is won
- Reels: The wheels that spin in the casino game with the symbols on them
- Scatter Pay: A type of random bonus payout found in games which could trigger another bonus feature or game
- Select Lines: The number of paylines selected on an online casino game
- Symbols: The images on the game
- Wagering Requirements: The amount of action you must play before being able to cash a bonus offered
- Wild Symbol: A designated symbol in the game that substitutes for other symbols to form winning combinations
- Wild Multiplier: A wild symbol which also multiplies the win it forms
- Winning Combinations: How many ways the player can win on the game
Gambling is permitted all across Canada in one form or the other. It is regulated by the three territories and 10 provinces of the country. Here are a few more interesting facts:
- There are over 100 different land-based casinos spread over Canada
- Pac-Man is one of the highest-grossing arcade games of all time, generating over $2.5 billion in quarters by the 1990s
- There are over 25 casino establishments in Ontario, four of which are casino resorts – Casino Rama in Orillia, Caesars in Windsor, Casino Niagara and Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort, both situated at the Niagara Falls
- Active gamblers at online casinos represent 11% of the total number of internet users around the world
- Canada generated CA$17.3 billion in gambling revenue in 2017
- Ontario is by far the largest contributor towards that figure at 43% of the total
- Famous artists like Diana Ross, Carrie Underwood and Jerry Seinfeld have performed in Canadian casinos
- More than 2,000 official and legal gambling operators are registered on the internet
- The average base pay for a casino dealer in Canada is approximately CA$17,500 per year
You now have everything you need to know to enjoy playing online arcade games in Canada. Keep an eye on CasinoBillions.com for the latest information from across the gambling industry.