Casino games are one of the most popular forms of entertainment in Canada, providing players with endless hours of fun online.
Deciding where to play can be a difficult choice, but Casino Billions will help you find out all you need to know about the different operators. Whether you’re looking for the best sign-up offers, the latest games or strategies to help you win big, our site is your one-stop shop for information about the gambling industry.
We save you time and effort by researching all the leading brands to help you become a casino games expert. We explain the different rules and features of the games to give you an edge against the casinos and give you the best chance of making a profit from your gambling activities.
There are a vast array of online casino games you can play in Canada. The most popular ones are as follows:
Roulette’s attraction is that it is one of the simplest casino games to play. Place your bets on the table and watch as the croupier spins the ball around the wheel. Payout is determined by which pocket the ball lands on the wheel. Roulette is a game of chance, but there are systems you can follow to boost your hopes of winning.
The main objective is to reach a total of 21, or the nearest to it, and beat the dealer’s hand. Learning and applying what is known as basic strategy to blackjack will greatly improve your chances of making a profit from the game.
Players bet on the outcome of the roll, or a series of rolls, of a pair of dice. They may wager against each other or a banker. A throw of 7 or 11 is a winner – 2, 3, or 12 is a losing throw.
Many people are familiar with slots from their childhood days, but today’s online games bear little resemblance to their predecessors. Modern technology has transformed the genre, while progressive jackpots means it is now possible to win massive sums of money playing slots.
Based around classic titles from years gone by, online arcade games mix retro and modern design to provide a unique gambling experience. Iconic games like Pac-Man have been re-mastered to give you the opportunity to collect huge cash prizes.
Learning the rules of your chosen game is crucial if you are to be successful playing at an online casino. Click the relevant icon – usually a question mark – near the top of the screen to find out everything you need to know about each one.
Some casino games are more difficult to understand than others, but familiarising yourself with the rules will improve your gameplay and boost your chances of winning.
Leading casino operators offer video tutorials explaining the game rules, so check these out to further boost your knowledge.
Once you’ve read the rules, take time to check out the terms and conditions so you fully understand what to expect from playing casino games.
HOW TO PLAY LIKE A PROFESSIONAL: BEST GAME TIPS
Professionals take their online gambling seriously, so following their methods can really make a difference to the way you play the games. Here are a few best game tips:
- Before depositing any cash, utilise the free play options to learn how each game works
- When you’re ready to sign-up, spend time researching the different offers and promotions at CasinoBillions.com
- Don’t be afraid to use more than one website as this will increase your winning opportunities
- Once you have deposited real money at an online casino, remember to stick rigidly to your betting budget
- Keep a cool head and don’t play under the influence of alcohol
- If you hit a big losing streak walk away, there will be other opportunities to bet further down the line
BEST TIPS AND STRATEGIES
When you visit an online casino make sure it has the appropriate licenses to be able to operate in your geographical area. Use CasinoBillions’s reviews to find the top sites for Canadian players.
Take advantage of sign-up bonuses and search for free play offers. These will allow you to try out the casino games online and possibly help to boost your bankroll. Make sure that your preferred payment method is available and always ensure that the game software is compatible with your device.
Choosing casino games with a higher ‘Return to Player’ (RTP) increases your chances of winning. Look for operators who offer 95% or above. Spend time researching the different strategies that are applicable to your favourite games. These can help to give you and edge against the casino.
The Return to Player (RTP) system is the percentage of any wagered money that will be paid back to players by casinos over a period of time from their games.
Land-based casinos offer between 80-90% payout, but this increases to around 95% online. The terms and conditions of your chosen casino will confirm the expected payout rate, so stick to ones that offer the best possible returns.
The following is useful list of terms and definitions used in online casinos including table games and slots.
- Ante: An obligatory bet which you must place before the action starts
- Balance: The amount you have left after making deposits and placing bets
- Banker: Another term used for the dealer in casino games
- Bankroll: The total amount of money that the player has available for wagering activities
- Beginner’s Luck: A term used when a player starts winning when he/she gambles for the first time
- Bet Max: The maximum amount you wish to bet on a game
- Betting Limits: The minimum and maximum betting limits on a casino game
- Bonus feature: Activated when a specific number of symbols land on a payline
- Cashback: A refund in bonus money or real cash, that you receive from the money lost in gambling
- Chips: Casino tokens used instead of real money for gambling
- Croupier/Dealer: A casino representative who manages a table game
- Deck: The standard 52 cards used in casino games
- Edge: The odds favouring the casino
- Face Cards: Jack, Queen and King of any suit in cards
- Fold: Abandoning a hand and losing a bet in a card game
- Free spins: Awarded by a casino as part of a promotion or activated for a bonus round during a slot game
- Hand: The set of cards a player has in their possession during a round
- High Roller: A person who makes large bets
- Live casino games: Online games that replicate the experience you find in a land-based casino
- Lobby: The area where you can choose the casino games you want to play
- Loyalty Points: Points rewarded by the operator for playing casino games
- Multiplier: Symbols that carry various values that multiply winnings
- Odds: The chances of winning and possible outcome
- Progressive Jackpot: A jackpot that keeps on increasing based on the bets that players make whilst playing that game
- Reel: A wheel/column that is spun alongside other reels in an attempt to create winning combinations
- Random Number Generator (RNG): A tool used in casino games that dictates the winning and losing combinations that ultimately leads to the outcome of each spin
- Surrender: Give up a portion of your bet for the right to not play out a hand
- VIP: Special program for loyal players, offering exclusive benefits and bonuses
- Wager: A bet
- Wild Symbols: Substitutes another symbol to help create a winning combination
Casino games are available to players across Canada on both desktop and mobile platforms. Here are a few interesting facts:
- The biggest progressive slot machine jackpot was over $39 million in Las Vegas in 2003
- A blackjack player won $15 million in Atlantic City in 2011
- The first modern slot machine with three reels – the “Liberty Bell” – was invented in the late 1800s by Charles Fey
- The Venetian Macau in China is the world’s largest casino
- The first license for a legal casino in Las Vegas was awarded to Mayme Stocker in 1920
- A sailor hit 27 straight wins with dice while playing craps in 1950
- In the 1800s, Princess Caroline passed a law stating that Monaco’s citizens were forbidden from gambling in the casino
- Nevada’s state prison once had its own casino
- Roulette Numbers Total 666 – hence why it is known as the Devil’s Game
You now have all the information you need to help you make a profit from playing casino games in Canada. Keep visiting CasinoBillions Canada for all the latest information from the best operators across the gambling industry.