The number one resource in Canada for information about online slots. Our team of researchers have compiled comprehensive reviews to help you find the most trustworthy casino operators, the best games and the latest promotions.
We will show you how to play the different games and provide you with strategies that will boost your chances of winning big.
Slot machines require luck to win, but by using the guides at Casinobillions there are numerous ways you can reduce the edge the casino holds over you.
There are a vast array of slots games available, so players have plenty of options to choose from when they visit their favourite online casino.
Read our comprehensive guide to discover everything you need to know about the wonderful world of online slots.
There are hundreds of different slot sites to choose from, with each offering a huge choice of games to play.
Here is a quick look at the most popular game types:
The original and most simple version of online slots. Players must line up three matching symbols along one pay-line to receive a payout.
Two extra reels help to crank up the excitement of playing slots games, with players offered more chances to win via multiple pay-lines.
Additional graphics take online slots onto another level, with animations, extra bonus features and different symbols adding to the fun.
Progressive slots feature jackpots that can reach life-changing amounts of money. The games have a separate prize pot that keeps rising until someone strikes it lucky.
The best online slot sites in Canada offer a range of competitive sign-up bonuses and ongoing promotions. Free spins are one of the most popular offers in the gambling industry, allowing players the opportunity to play the games without using any of their own bankroll. You can use free spins to familiarise yourself with the different games and even win real money that you can use to play the games again.
Many online casino operators require you to “play through” a specific number of times before unlocking your winnings, so it is important to read the terms and conditions of any free spins offers you are considering using.
Slot machines are a staple part of land-based casinos and the user experience when playing online is very similar.
Once you have chosen your game you must decide on the number of pay-lines to activate, before placing your bet and pressing the spin button. Winnings are paid out on a sliding scale dependent on whether you match specific sets of symbols.
Most online slots contain special bonus levels that give you the opportunity to boost your returns. Designated scatter symbols trigger the games and take players into a different area of the slots.
The bonus levels give you a series of rapid-fire decisions to make. Choose correctly and your potential winnings increase, but make the wrong decision and you could lose what you have accumulated.
Nudge and hold features are also commonplace in online slots. Simply press the respective buttons to move a reel up or down or hold a symbol(s) to trigger bonus featured or create winning combinations.
HOW TO PLAY LIKE A PROFESSIONAL: BEST GAME TIPS
Luck plays a huge part in slot sites, but these following tips will soon have you playing like a professional:
- Don’t blow your bankroll in just one spin. Choose a slots game that you can afford to play for a reasonable amount of time
- Use the opportunity to play for free to find a game you enjoy
- Sign-up with different operators to widen the choice of games you can play
- Take advantage of welcome bonuses and ongoing promotional offers
- Look for slots sites that offer big progressive jackpots
- Stick to your betting budget and don’t chase losses
- Do not spend money you can’t afford. As win any other online casino game, set a sensible gambling budget and stick to it
HOW TO WIN/BEST STRATEGIES
Read all our guides at Casinobillions to find out the best places to play online slots. Once you have decided, apply these strategies to boost your chances of winning:
- Choose online slots that offer a high Return to Player (RTP) percentage. You should aim for 95% or higher
- Read the rules so you fully understand each game – this will help you to avoid making mistakes
- Conduct research into how often progressive jackpots are paid out to identify the best times to play
- Leave the game when you win big – although it is possible for a jackpot to pay out in quick succession, it is unlikely that a slots game will keep paying out
- Stick to games with a fixed maximum payout and limit play on progressive slots – the odds of winning fixed jackpots are better
When you are playing slots online look for slots sites that offer the highest payout percentage rates. The RTP – the percentage of any wagered money that will be paid back to players over time from casino games – should be 95% or above. This figure is normally calculated as an average based on at least 1,000 plays. Land-based casinos tend to offer payout rates of around 85%, so playing slots online immediately boosts your chances of winning.
Here is a list of useful terms connected to playing online slots:
- 3-Reel: A classic slot featuring three reels
- 5-Reel: A game with five reels
- All Ways: An online slot that has hundreds of possible paylines, running both left-to-right and right-to-left
- Autospin: Feature allowing players to automatically set the game to spin reels
- Bet: Total cash wagered on a spin
- Bonus Round: Special feature which offers free games or instant cash wins
- Cascading Reels: Feature where winning combinations disappear from the reels to be replaced by the symbols above
- Classic slots: Vintage-style slot based on old-school slot machines
- Coins: Cash used by players to make bets
- Free play: Slots that can be played without risking any money
- Gamble: Common feature which lets you try to increase your winnings
- Jackpot: Largest possible payout
- Maximum Bet: Largest wager possible. Can be set automatically via the ‘Bet Max’ button
- Multi-line: Game with more than one payline
- Nudge: Bonus feature which lets you move reels up or down
- Payline: A line of symbols that pays out a cash prize
- Payout: Cash awarded by the slot for a winning combination
- Paytable: Menu of game rules and payouts
- Progressive Jackpot: Prizepool comprising of cash made up from slots across a network
- Random Number Generator (RNG): Programme that controls the spin of the slot reels. RNGs are independently audited to make sure they are fair
- Reels: Vertical columns of symbols in a slot
- Video Slots: Online or land-based slots with graphics and animation on the reels
- Wild: Symbol that substitutes others to form winning combinations
- The largest jackpot payout in an online slot was won by Jon Heywood the UK in 2015. He pocketed over £13 million on the popular slot, Mega Moolah.
- A Canadian Michael Jackson fan won $1.8m playing on a slot themed on the pop star
- Las Vegas has around 200,000 slot machines – one for every eight people living there
- A Vancouver man won $7.5m playing Mega Moolah in 2015
- Slots have a variety of different names around the world including ‘fruit machine’ (UK) and ‘pokies’ (Australia and New Zealand)
- A US woman thought she had won almost $43m on a slot machine in 2010. Gambling regulators found it was an error and should have been $20
- The first ever slot machine was the Liberty Bell, built by Charles Fey in the late 1800s
- The biggest amount won on a slot machine was $39.7m at the Excalibur in 2003
- Slots make up about half of all casino games in the world
- An Austrian man thought he’d won a record $57 million at the Casino Bregenz in 2011, but it turned out to be a software glitch. He was subsequently awarded €1 million as part of a court settlement due to the stress caused to his family
You now have everything you need to know to enjoy playing online slots in Canada. Make sure you visit Casinobillions regularly to find out all the latest information about the best slots operators in the industry.